In 1998, the Macomb Choir Boosters organization was established to promote choral music education in Macomb.
The group hosts two fundraising activities per year to fund choral scholarships, awards, equipment and music, group trips, and other supplemental needs in the choral area.
The booster organization supports all choral music activities in grades 6-12 in the Macomb CUSD #185. Choral parents and friends of choral music are encouraged to join. This year, the membership dues are tiered at various levels per family annually. Member prices are listed below. Members are welcome to attend monthly meetings.
Please get involved in choral music in Macomb. Your support and input will be greatly appreciated and utilized to maximize the benefits of the children in choral programs.
Officers & Coordinators
In addition to the school choir directors, the following individuals currently serve as officers and coordinators:
- President – Phil Weiss
- Vice President – Jason Hawkins
- Secretary – Gretchen Steil Weiss
- Treasurer – Emily Brookman
- Fundraising – Kerri Trost, Gretchen and Phil Weiss
- HS Hospitality – Andrea Ratermann
- Macomb Music Shirts – Julie Bartlow
- Website – Scott Lawson
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule
All meetings will take place in the MJSHS Choir Room at 5:00pm unless otherwise noted. Please use the east doors, Entrance A. Doors will be unlocked at 4:45pm.
- Thursday, September 1, 2022 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, October 6, 2022 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, November 3, 2022 – Meeting Minutes
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (December meeting during Poinsettia Distribution) Fellheimer Stage – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, January 5, 2023 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, March 2, 2023 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, April 6, 2023 – Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 – Meeting Minutes
District Chaperone Policy
According to school district policy, in order to volunteer as a chaperone, an individual must complete a “Volunteer Information Form and Waiver of Liability” and submit it to the school district for approval.
Individuals willing to chaperone choir activities should download, complete, and submit these forms (to Mr. Fulkerson at the high school) as soon as possible so that the choirs have a pool of individuals from which to choose chaperones.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the forms and for your willingness to volunteer as a chaperone.